Friday, March 9, 2012

Mini Weekend Haul/Rant

I ran to the mall last weekend to grab some foundation samples from Sephora and MAC, as well as grab a few things from MAC. I currently use MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW20 and wanted to try out the MAC Match Masters foundation and Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation.


My first stop was the MAC Store. I went there to get some more Oil Control Lotion (life saver for my oily skin) and check out the Chen Man Collection that launched on March 1, 2012.  From Chen Man I picked up the “Force of Love” lipglass, which is a vibrant pink. While there, I asked the makeup artist, who was someone I had never seen in there before, for a sample of the Match Masters foundation but first I needed to color matched.

Chen Man Force of Love Lipglass




I should have known something was off from the start, as she grabs the shade 1.0, which I believe is the lightest and a shade that my very pale friend wears, and proceeds to paint my face with it. When she was done, she was like, “OK, do you wanna get it?” I looked at her and said, “Well, I was wanting to get a sample to take home before I commit, to try it out and make sure it doesn’t break me out.” She goes, “Oh, you want something to take home with you?”  I kinda just stared at her, like are you for real?

She runs to the back, comes back and says, “We are out of the sample cups.” So, all I got was my Oil Control and the lipglass. There were two other MUA’s in there that I usually see and should have waited for, but they were both busy. The MUA that helped me also had the worst breath ever, I mean EVER. Two things I think anyone that does makeup, hair, etc. need to be conscious of is their body odor and breath.

As I made my way to check out, one of the regular MUA’s I see gave me this WTF look. I was like, “I know… she put the wrong color on me and I am about to go wash this off.” He was said, “That is completely the wrong shade for you. You need 2.0 or 2.5 for sure.” My friend grabbed two makeup wipes and we practically ran from the MAC store. My friend told me that while I was checking out she was talking to one of our regular MUA’s and that she said they had brought in a bunch of freelance artists to help them out on Saturday’s because they are so busy. Well, they need to be a little more careful about who they chose, just saying from the customer point of view.

I ran to Dillard’s, a department store in our mall, to the MAC counter there. first making a stop at the restroom to scrub off the ghost mask she put on my face. Anyway, I finally got my samples from the MAC there. I have never had an experience like that ever at MAC, the store or the counter. Anyone else have a horrifying experience at MAC or any makeup counter?

So after the craziness of MAC, I went to Sephora got matched for the Laura Mercier Silk Crème foundation. The color the MUA matched me with was Rose Ivory. While milling around Sephora, looking at stuff, not really in the mood to buy, I spotted a deluxe sample size of Benefit “They’re Real” mascara. I thought, “Score!” I have wanted to try this out, but didn’t want to fork out $22 for mascara. I usually wear drugstore mascara because they dry out quickly or they don’t do what they claim. This one was $10, so I thought why not try it out for $10 and if I don’t like it then oh well. I have tried Benefit “Bad Gal” and I hate it so much, it was so awful! I will definitely be purchasing this in the full size! Have you tried it, what did you think? Check out the pics below of with and without They're Real!




No Mascara 
With Benefit They're Real Mascara

Left - They're Real, Right - No Mascara




Have you hauled lately?

Until next time -
XO Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment