Sunday, February 19, 2012

Small MAC Haul

I recently went to my local MAC store, not to purchase anything from the new MAC Shop, MAC Cook, or Vera for MAC collections, but to pick up the new Viva Glam from Nicki Minaj. I never can step foot in MAC and only walk out with one item, that would be too easy. So I picked up a lipstick, a lipglass, a lip liner and a brow pencil.

So first thing... Viva Glam Nicki. I was super excited about this lipstick. Its not a normal, everyday color I would wear. Its a bright, I mean BRIGHT, coral-y pink (I'm not the best at descriptions). The finish is a satin, which is one of my recent favorite finishes. The only previous Viva Glam I have purchased, by a celebrit, was the first Viva Glam Lady Gaga Lipglass. I do own Viva Glam 5 lipstick and 6 lipglass.

Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick $14.50


The second thing I purchased was the Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in "In Anticipation". The makeup artist said it would pair nicely and it does. It is described as a soft yellow pink, it really is lovely and quite wearable, glides on so smoothly. And let me tell you when they say long wear, they mean it. I swatched the products around 4 pm and when I went to take a shower in the morning it was still there!!! That is long wearing!


In Anticipation Pro Longwear Lip Pencil $18.00

Then I wanted a new lipglass and was looking for something springy, so I chose "Pink Lemonade". To me it is a coral pink. I really do like it, it has minimal sparkle or shine. It also pairs nicely with the "Viva Glam Nicki".


Pink Lemonade Lipglass $14.50


The final thing I picked up was a brow pencil. My eyebrows have been thinning along the tail and was looking for something nice to fill in and add to my brows. The makeup artist suggested "Lingering", it is a great shade for my brown hair. I was a little worried about using a pencil, powder, etc. incase it rubs or fades off throughout the day, or looked unnatural. But it looked quite nice and like my real brows.

Lingering Brow Pencil $15.00

Then when I got home I had a package waiting for me, not from MAC. I had recently accumulated some Birchbox points, for those of you not familiar with Birchbox it is a company that you can sign up monthly for $10 and receive 4 to 5 deluxe samples of beauty and skincare products. Each month you can review products to earn points, for each product you get 10 points and 100 points equals $10. With my points I chose the BeautyBlender. I have never had one and have always wanted to try it out. The one I selected was the dual set and had free shipping. I do like it and the natural finish it gives my foundation, I don't think it will take the place of my Sigma F80.
BeautyBlender - $24.95 (double set)


With Flash L to R: Nicki, Pink Lemonade, In Anticipation

Without Flash L to R: Nicki, Pink Lemonade, In Anticipation

Have you hauled lately? Picked up any of the new Viva Glams? Until next time - Shannon XO

No comments:

Post a Comment