Sunday, March 18, 2012

Review: L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush


Around the time the Maybelline Color Tattoo Shadows came out L’Oreal released their 24 Hour Infallible Eyeshadows. These are described by L’Oreal as:
“Infallible Eyeshadows contain ultra concentrated colour pigments, for an intense colour finish. Additional binders (oil) coat and magnify the colour pigments revealing beautiful shimmer and maximized colour. The colour adheres to the eyelid as durably and comfortably as a second skin and last for up to 24 hours. With a formulation that lies between the comfort of a cream and the ease of application of powder, infallible eyeshadow melt gently from the fingertips to the eyelid on application. The result is a luxurious, velvety texture.
There are 13 shades in the 24-hour Infallible Eyeshadow collection currently available.  I only picked up one, 892 Amber Rush. This is a peachy, copper color with a metallic finish. I absolutely love this color and is in my go to makeup look for a natural eye look.

Amber Rush
The product, as descried above, is a cream to powder product. The packaging is pot form, with the name of the shade on top with a matching colored label. The bottom is clear. When you remove the top there is a small grey plastic piece that says “do not discard”. I have applied this with my fingers and with my Sigma E55 Eye Shading brush. I do feel that you have to apply and build up the product to get the desired effect.

Amber Rush
The product claims 24-hour wear, which I have never tested any product for 24 hours. I typically wear my makeup for 10-12 hours and it lasted that long, still looking great. I have oily lids, so I have used both Too Faced Shadow Insurance and MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. With both bases I still had the same result, no creasing or fading.

Swatch - Amber Rush
The one I purchased was at Target and I paid around $7 for 3.5 grams/0.12 ounces of product and are sold anywhere L’Oreal products are sold.

I really like this product and I want to try more. To me this is a different product and a great find! Have you tried these Infallible Eyeshadows? What are your favorite colors?

Until next time – <3
XO Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment