Friday, April 27, 2012

Collective Haul: MAC, Sephora, Ulta

I have for you guys a little, well maybe not so little, collective haul from the past few weeks. It’s the beginning of a new month and MAC has launched 3 new collections, so of course I have to check them out! While the Reel Sexy and Tres Cheek were nice collections, they just were not colors for me. So I chose four items from the MAC In Extra Dimension.


MAC In Extra Dimension is a collection of 3 Extra Dimension Skinfinish and 10 Extra Dimension Eye Shadows that are from a new formula from the brand. MAC describes this “extra dimension” formula as a liquid-powder hybrid with prismatic reflections that instantly sculpts, highlights and models the face to the desired effect – extra dimension.

I picked up 2 of the 3 Extra Dimension Skinfinish, Whisper of Gilt and Superb. They both have a metallic finish and are 9 grams, where a regular mineralize skinfinsh is 10 grams. I was only going to pick up one, but I could not decide so I bought both. These 2 will be amazing highlights!
Whisper of Gilt - Light, soft white gold with shimmery sheen
Superb - Soft peachy nude with multi-dimensional shimmer
I picked up 2 of the 3 Extra Dimension Eye Shadows, Rich Core and Modern Pewter. I was really drawn to these 2 and there were 2 more I may go back for, Warm Thunder (a silvery grey) and Grand Galaxy (a bright purple). These, like the mineralize eye shadows; can be worn wet or dry. These 2 colors are like none other in m collection and I could not be happier.  I really wish this collection were a permanent one.
Modern Pewter - Metallic, Dirty Olive Gold
Rich Core - Metallic Eggplant
The other items I purchased from MAC were a blush, sheen supreme lipstick and a lipglass. The blush I chose was Fleur Power; it is a satin finish and is a soft, bright pinkish-coral. The lipglass I picked up was in Spirited, which I would describe as a champagne taupe. And the last item is probably my favorite, sheen supreme lipstick in Supreme Style. Supreme Style is the perfect spring/summer color for me, it’s a soft pink flecked with beige and champagne shimmer.


Fluer Power Satin Blush
Supreme Style Sheen Supreme Lipstick
Spirited Lipglass
L-R: Supreme Style, Spirited, Fleur Power
Then during Chic Week at Sephora I used my 15 % coupon to purchase the Laura Mercier Silk Crème foundation that reviewed before, click here, a NARS duo and a Bare Escentuals Ready Eye Shadow 2.0.

Since I reviewed this already I am not going to go into detail over the foundation since you can go here to read, so I will jump to the NARS duo I picked up in Kalahari. This is my first NARS eye shadow product and I really wanted a simple wearable color, which this is since the colors are described as bronze pearl and milk chocolate.

The Bare Escentuals Ready Eye Shadow 2.0 I selected was The Scenic Route. It contains two shades that are individually named Breathtaking and Spectacular. Breathtaking is this golden white with a beautiful sheen and Spectacular is a brilliant sage, both have amazing payoff! (Photos coming, thought I uploaded them)

I then ran into Ulta to check out the sale they were having on Revlon, Physician’s Formula, and NYX, which was an amazing 40% off. I picked up 4 Revlon Colorburst lip gloss and 2 shimmer stripes products, gel cream eyeliner and an eyeliner trio.

Two of the Revlon Colorburst lip gloss that I picked up were on clearance and one of them was my all time favorite in Rose Gold, so I picked that one up, and Gold Dust. The other two permanent shades I picked up were Rosepearl and Peach Sunset.

I have never had purchased anything from Physician’s Formula, since I find it expensive for drugstore makeup, and 40% off was a good deal. I picked up the Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Cream Liner in for Brown Eyes and the Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio in Nude Eyes. I am excited about trying these out! Reviews coming on the Physician’s Formula and the MAC In Extra Dimension products!

Have you hauled lately? What have you picked up? Until next time –

XO Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment