Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Most Wanted to See Movies for 2012

Now that 2012 is here I am counting down the days to quite a few movies. This year there will be conclusions to a few movies, as well as some movies that we have been waiting to see on the big screen that are some great books that have been adapted to film. I am going to tell you my top 10 movies that I can't wait to see this year!

The first one is no surprise, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2. This will be the final installment in the franchise and a highly anticipated one at that. Spoiler alert! Breaking Dawn Part 1 ended with the awaiting of Bella Swan-Cullen to wake up as vampire. The movies kind of follow the book, so the second part of BD will be all vamp Bella and the Cullen's protecting the vamp-human baby from the evil Volturi. As a huge fan of the books, as well as the movies, this one is top on my list! Opens in theaters November 16, 2012 as of now.

The Hunger Games, another book to screen adaptation. I have owned the book for about a year now and despite that I have yet to read it, but that is ok because I have some time left. The preview alone of this one looks really good and action packed, leading me to believe it will draw a crowd not only based on the book alone. The Hunger Games is the first in the trilogy and I am sure Catching Fire and Mocking Jay will be soon to follow. Starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth, in theaters March 23, 2012.

Summary from IMDB
"Set in a future where the Capitol selects a boy and girl from the twelve districts to fight to the death on live television, Katniss Everdeen volunteers to take her younger sister's place for the latest match."


Snow White and the Huntsman, staring Kristen Stewart as Snow White, Charlize Theron as the Evil Queen and Chris Hemsworth as the Huntsman, hookd me when I saw the preview before The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1. This is not your typical Snow White, it looks action packed with a twist to the Disney fairytale.. From the preview Charlize is an amazing Evil Queen and Chris is one good looking Huntsman. Kristen is lacking from the preview, so I can't say much on her, but it looks so good! In theaters June 1, 2012.

Summary from IMDB
"In a twist to the fairy tale, the Huntsman ordered to take Snow White into the woods to be killed winds up becoming her protector and mentor in a quest to vanquish the Evil Queen."




Another book adaptation that I am looking forward to is Nicholas Sparks' The Lucky One. This is one of my favorite books from the author, so I super thrilled to hear it was being brought to the big screen. I was even more excited because it was filmed in New Orleans, about an hour from where I live. I was not too excited about the casting of the main male character, Logan Thibault, as Zac Efron, but when I saw the preview he was awesome! From the preview it looks like it will be on par with the book. Staring Zac Efron, Taylor Schilling and Blythe Danner, in theaters April 20, 2012.

Summary from IMDB
"A Marine travels to North Carolina after serving three tours in Iraq and searches for the unknown woman he believes was his good luck charm during the war."



American Reunion is one that I wasn't expecting... I LOVE American Pie and American Pie 2, American Wedding was Ok and all the crappy ones after that I never saw. As soon as I saw heard they were making this and the entire cast is back, I immediately was online looking for confirmation. The teaser hooked me and my hubby! American Pie came out in 1999 and is one of those cult favorites! Jason Biggs is back as Jim, Sean William Scott is back as Stifler, Eugene Levy and Jennifer Coolidge are back as Jim's Dad and Stifler's Mom and the reunion happens April 6, 2012.

Summary from Flixster

"In the comedy American Reunion, all the American Pie characters we met a little more than a decade ago are returning to East Great Falls for their high-school reunion. In one long-overdue weekend, they will discover what has changed, who hasn't and that time and distance can't break the bonds of friendship. It was summer 1999 when four small-town Michigan boys began a quest to lose their virginity. In the years that have passed, Jim and Michelle married while Kevin and Vicky said goodbye. Oz and Heather grew apart, but Finch still longs for Stifler's mom. Now these lifelong friends have come home as adults to reminisce about-and get inspired by-the hormonal teens who launched a comedy legend."




I am a big fan of comic book turned movies, so of course I am excited to see the upcoming The Avengers. I loved Ironman (both the original and the sequel), Thor, The Hulk and Captain America, so I was super excited to see this movie come to the bog screen. I am curious to see how they will tie this all together, with Captain America as the first super hero and the way Thor ended I can't wait! Our favorite handsome men reprise their roles with Robert Downey Jr. as Ironman/Tony Stark, Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk/Bruce Banner, this movie hits theaters May 4, 2012.

Summary from IMDB
"Nick Fury and the international agency S.H.I.E.L.D. bring together a team of super humans to form The Avengers to help save the Earth from Loki & his various membered army."

This year the final installment of the Batman reboot, staring Christian Bale, hits theaters this year  as well. The Dark Knight Rises will feature villains such as Catwoman and Bane. When the movie hits theaters fours will have passed since the The Dark Knight, but in Batman years eight will have passed and Gotham City is being taken over by the terrorist leader Bane. I have been a long time fan of all Batman movies, past and present, so I am anxiously waiting to see where this movie will pick and end. Christian Bale will continue as the ever handsome Bruce Wayne/Batman, also starring the amazing Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy, in theaters July 20, 2012.

Summary from IMDB
"Eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, the terrorist leader Bane arrives in Gotham City, pushing it and its police force to their limits, forcing its former hero Batman to resurface after taking the fall for Harvey Dent's crimes."
The forth book to movie adaptation I am excited about is One for the Money. One for the Money is the the title of the first book in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, there are several more in the series, and it follows Stephanie Plum as she gets a job from her bail bondsman cousin as a bail bondsman er woman and hilarity ensues. I hope the writers are able to bring Stephanie, her mom, grandma and the rest of these zany characters to the big screens as well as they were written. I am not sure how I feel about Katherine Heigl as Stephanie Plum, but I guess I will have to wait and see. In theaters January 27, 2012.

Summary from IMDB
"Unemployed and newly-divorced Stephanie Plum lands a job at her cousin's bail-bond business, where her first assignment puts her on the trail of a wanted local cop from her romantic past."

Next up is Bel Ami and  is "supposed" to be released this year, but who knows they keep changing the date. Bel Ami not only looks good, but it stars the handsome Edward Cullen... I mean Robert Pattinson. Bel Ami, also a book adaptation, is the story of a poor young mans climb to power. Robert Pattinson is a great actor and chooses roles that are outside of the norm. This is a great way to showcase his talent alongside award winning actress like Uma Thurman, Kristin Scott Thomas and Christina Ricci. As of today, in theaters March 2, 2012.

Summary from IMDB
"A chronicle of a young man's rise to power in Paris via his manipulation of the city's most influential and wealthy women."
Last on my list, because it may be pushed back into 2013, is Cosmopolis and may only be on my list because it stars yet again Robert Pattinson. I have not seen a trailer for this, but the storyline seems interesting and yet another different type of movie from Robert. Cospomolis, another book adaptation, follows Eric Packer, a multimillionaire who spends 24 hours on a action packed race around Manahattan. Starring alongside Robert Pattinson is Paul Giamatti and Samantha Morton, as of today in theaters December 12, 012.

Summary from IMDB

"Follows a multimillionaire on a 24-hour odyssey across Manhattan."




I am sure there are plenty more great movies to come out this year and I 100% sure I will not only see these 10, but many many more that are not listed here! What are you most excited to see, is it listed?

XO Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment