Saturday, January 7, 2012

Free for Haul Friday!

It's been a while since I really hauled anything, mainly due to holiday shopping... I really didn't have time to shop for myself. So Thursday, January 5, 2012, MAC released the Naturally Collection, along with the MAC and Iris Apfel Collection. I am pretty much attracted to anything called naturally, so I had to check it out in person. So aside from MAC I also checked out the new cream shadows from Maybelline.


The collection itself is medium in size. It contains 4 lipsticks, 4 lipglass, 5 mineralize eye shadows, 2 mineralize skin finishes, 2 eye pencils, 3 mineralize blushes, and 2 duo fiber brushes. I picked up a the blush in Early Morning, 2 of the eye shadows Twilight Falls and Summer Haze, and a lipglass in Naked Space. I will post a separate review of these products once I have truly tried them out, other than just swatching.


Summer Haze - Mineralize Eye Shadow 
Twilight Falls - Mineralize Eye Shadow

Early Morning - Mineralize Blush

Naked Space - Lipglass
After I went to MAC I stopped in Walgreens to see of they had any of the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eye shadow. They had all 10 shades at Walgreens and they were buy one and get one for 50%, but I only wanted 5 of them. They had a really bright purple, green, blue and orange, and plain white. I have NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk, so I didn't feel the need to get that one. The orange was too bright and I would never wear it, so I passed on it too. I passed on the purple and blue because I have some 24/7 shade sticks from Urban Decay, and I passed on the green because I wanted a darker green and not quite so bright.

Bottom: This is nice, because you can see the color through the bottom clearly.
Top: I love this because it has the name on the top of the jar.
The ones I picked up were, Audacious Asphalt (grey), Bad to the Bronze (bronze), Bold Gold (gold), Pomegranate Punk (burgundy-ish) and Tough as Taupe (matte taupe). These are very comparable to the MAC paint pots. The prices are $5.99 to $6.99, I paid $6.99 at Walgreens, but they are $5.99 at Target. The are 0.14 oz or 4 g, where as MAC paint pots are 0.17 oz or 5 g and they run about $17.50 each. I will post a separate review of these products once I have truly tried them out, other than just swatching.

Top L-R: Pomegranate Punk, Bold Gold, Audacious Asphalt
Botton L-R: Bad to the Bronze and Tough as Taupe
Have you hauled anything from MAC or the drugstore? I am always looking for suggestions on products! Thanks for reading and don't forget the Sigma discount code 0112XJML is good until January 31st!

XO Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment