Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Drive on in to your theater!

It's been a while since I have reviewed a movie on here, even though I have seen a few since the last review. So I decided I would review the movie I saw this past weekend, Drive. I had seen only a few previews for this movie and what I saw looked good, I mean Ryan Gosling alone is enough to get me in the theater to see this movie! Saturday night my husband and I decided to take in a movie, and Drive was what we decided on.


Drive is a movie about a guy, whose name is never mentioned and I assume is "Driver", who is a stunt car driver and mechanic by day and part-time get away driver at night. Ryan Gosling is the "Driver", who is a man of little words. The opening scene was intense and pretty awesome, then it has a slow build into violent action packed second half. 


Driver works for Shannon, a garage owner and builds the stunt cars for the movies in which Driver does the stunt work. Shannon gets in business with 2 men, a former movie producer from the 80's and a thug played by Ron Pearlman. He wants Driver to race cars and needs there help for funding of a car and race entry fees. They reluctantly agree and get in business right as Driver becomes friendly with his neighbor and her son.

Driver meets his neighbor Irene, played by Carey Mulligan, and her son, Benicio, and her husband is in prison and about to be released. It's hard not to see the budding romance between Driver and Irene right as her husband "Standard" is released from prison. 


About 20 minutes into the movie my husband leans over and asks, "where is this movie going?" Not long after my husband asks this question does it start to get going... and take a turn into the Scarface type of violence. And with all the violence, Driver never uses a gun... and boy is he sexy!

This movie had received raving reviews about how awesome this movie is and that it is what The Fast and the Furious movies should been like. Yes, there was driving, no Paul Walker or Vin Diesel driving, but still it was a action packed movie with a touch of a love story for us ladies dragged kicking and screaming to see a Ryan Gosling movie, hahaha. Not only was the movie great, the music in the movie was awesome!!!

Go see this movie, you won't be disappointed! Fast car driving, hot guy, with love and action, and a great soundtrack! I give this movie 4.5 stars out of 5!

XO Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment