Thursday, September 8, 2011

Haul/Review: Sleek MakeUP

Sleek released a new permanent collection featuring an eye shadow palette, blush and pout polish called the “Nude Collection Au Naturel”, so I had to jump on it! I love my Urban Decay “Naked Palette”, so I was super excited about a nude collection by Sleek. Sleek has quickly become my second favorite brand of makeup… they are highly pigmented and blend easily. While placing my order I was like what the heck, I am going to pick up the blushes that I wanted the last time I ordered. So I picked up a eye shadow palette, a pout polish and 5 blushes, 7 items total.


The Nude Collection
Pout Polish, Blush and Eye Shadow Palette
First thing I want to review is the eye shadow palette. As usual the eye shadow palette contains 12 shadows, including the typical black aka “Noir”. Of the 12 shadows, 8 are matte and 4 have shimmer.  These shadows are mineralized and go on very smooth. This palette will be great for everyday and work or school appropriate.
Au Naturel Palette
Top L-R: Nougat, Nubuck, Cappuccino, Honeycomb, Toast, Taupe
Bottom L-R: Conker, Moss, Bark, Mineral Earth, Regal, Noir
Now the pout polish… which is a tinted lip conditioner. The name of the pout polish is “Bare Minimum” and it is very nude. It is a pinky nude and goes on without much color, which is fine by me as I don’t like loud colors on my lips.

Bare Minimum - Pout Polish
And finally the blushes!!! Probably the thing I am the most excited about. I purchased 5, yes FIVE!!! I got the one that is included in the collection and it is called “Suede”. It is a warm nude, brown color that looks like a contour shade, but it is actually very pretty and adds warmth to your face. Then there is “Pixie Pink”, which looks like a bright pink, but it is actually a very pretty pink once blended out. Next I got “Life’s a Peach” which is really what the name says, peach! It is very pretty and not too peachy or orange.  All three of these are a matte finish.

Suede - Blush
Pixie Pink - Blush
Life's a Peach - Blush
The two blushes are a satin finish and just make your face glow! First is “Pomegranate” and it is like a dark fuchsia, pink color. And the last color I got was “Rose Gold”. This color is so beautiful and probably my favorite! Before I ordered I read a lot of blogs and watched several YouTube videos featuring these blushes, as the website does not give you the best swatch to go off of. Through my research I kept reading that “Rose Gold” was very similar to NARS “Orgasm”. They do look similar, however “Orgasm” has more pink tones to it and “Rose Gold” has more peach or coral tones. I like them both, but “Rose Gold” has a better pay off in color than “Orgasm” on my skin.

Pomegranate - Blush

Rose Gold - Blush

L: NARS Orgasm Blush (0.16 oz and $27)
R: Sleek Rose Gold (0.24 oz and $6.50)
I love all the products I received! The prices are awesome and shipping isn’t bad either. The palette is $10.50 (USD), the pout polish and blushes are $6.50 (USD) each. The shipping prices and options have changed, for which I am thankful! The last time I ordered it was a flat $13.50 (USD) to ship to the US, as they are located in the UK, and it was regardless of how much product you ordered. And the time it took to reach you was 7-10 business days, which it literally took 10 days for me to get my first order. Well now you have the option of standard or 2nd day shipping! The standard shipping price has dropped to $10.00 (USD, and still takes 7-10 business days, and the 2nd day shipping is $20.00 (USD). If you haven’t tried Sleek, try it! If you have, what are your favorite products?

XO Shannon 


No comments:

Post a Comment