Monday, July 25, 2011

July Birchbox

I received my July Birchbox in the mail and wanted to share all the wonderful products I received. For those who are new to Birchbox, it is a U.S. based company that will send you 4-5 deluxe samples each month and subscriptions are either monthly or annually, monthly is $10 and annually is $110. When you sign up you can create a beauty profile, so products are sent for your skin and hair type. Once you receive the products, you review at birchbox.com and earn points to purchase full size products.



Boxes are mailed out once a month, like a magazine subscription. They are shipped via USPS from the east coast, so depending on where you live within the U.S. it may take longer for you to receive yours. Being that Birchbox is a relatively new company, there are a few issues that I personally have experienced. My first box came in at the end of April, I never received my May box and my July box had a damaged sample.

I understand the delay for April was due to switching of shipping companies, but March was inexcusable.  Birchbox will send you an email when your box has shipped, with a tracking number. I  never received the email, so when 2 of my friends received theirs I looked in to mine. The money was deducted from my card on the 1st, so I emailed them twice and called over a few days. After no response, I took to Twitter... boy did that light a fire.They told me I was included in the 2nd wave, which I think is total BS, as my friend signed up at the end of April and received her box by May 6th...  Within 10 minutes I had an email with a tracking number and received the box 2 days later. The kicker, 2 days later someone from the Birchbox team emails me and says "you will receive a email and tracking number when your box ships." I was like, OK. Then the June box arrived and the one of the products was a baked brighten and blush by  Laura Gellar, it was a full size $29.50 value. It was smashed... I was so sad. They claim they had no more to send me and gave me a 100 point credit, which is equivalent to $10.

I don't want this to be a hater review, because I truly love the concept and the fact that they try to make it right. The July Birchbox was my 4th box, as I began my subscription in April, and I think they are going to keep getting better and better as their clientele grows, and more brands get involved. This month's box was filled with picks from their favorite designer, Cynthia Rowley.

Redken Shine Flash 02 - Glistening Mist
Ahava Mineral Hand Cream 
Zoya Nail Polish - Touch Collection in the color Shay
Philosophy Purity Made Simple Facial Cleanser

XO Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment