Sunday, July 10, 2011

Transformers: Dark of the Moon... Wait for the DVD

Last night my hubby and I went to see the new Transformers movie, Transformers: Dark of the Moon... I give it a C-. This installation in the Transformers trilogy left little to be desired for more from this franchise.

Dark of the Moon begins with recent graduate Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf), who is currently unemployed and living with his British, modelish girlfriend Carly Spencer (Rosie Huntington-Whiteley), looking for a job where he matters, since he has saved the world twice. Carly is gainfully employed by an exotic car dealer, Dylan (Patrick Dempsey), who appreciates Carly more than Sam likes. The Autobots are defenders of the Earth and allies with the humans. Unbeknown to the Autobots, Megatron is still alive, so to speak, and using the humans to get the Autobots to retrieve what he claims is his. When a Decepticon tries to kill Sam while at his new job, he realizes they are back. Sam attempts to let Captain Lennox (Josh Duhamel) know they are back, however no one wants Sam's help. Sam enlists help from an old friend, Simmons (John Turturro), to figure out what the decepticons are up to.

This movie was way to long, at some parts I was thinking "when will this be over?"... At one point I looked at my hubby, who had the same look on his face. Some of the acting was just brutal, um Patrick Dempsey please stand up, and cheesy, making it hard to sit through. And then you have Rosie Huntington-Whitely, who needs to go back to the Victoria's Secret catalog she came from because she cannot act, and yes I know she is just a pretty face/body to look at for all the boys/men that will be seeing this movie.

Shia LaBeouf was pretty funny, I have been a fan since Even Stevens was on the Disney Channel, and I probably only saw this movie for him and Josh Duhamel. I do wish the parents had more screen time, that mom is hilarious and delivers her lines with flawless humor. So with that being said, I wouldn't rush to the theater for this one,wait for the DVD or maybe see it during the day so you don't spend too much money for your disappointment. They should have stopped at two movies, because with the loss of Megan Fox and just an overall disappointing storyline it just didn't leave me ever wanting more.

XO Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment