Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mini MAC Haul

On Thursday, July 7, 2011, MAC released a new collection of mineralize makeup, inspired by semi precious gems. This is a rather large collection, containing 12 Mineralize Eye Shadows ($19.50), 3 Mineralize Blushes ($23), 4 Mineralize Skin Finishes ($28), 4 Lipsticks ($14.50), 5 Cremesheen Glasses ($18.50), and 4 Limited Edition split fiber brushes (2 eye and 2 face). The collection also offers Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara ($14), Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation ($29.50), Mineralize Charge Water ($22) and Mineralize Face + Body Lotion ($29.50).

The Mineralize Eye Shadows of this collection are so beautiful, even to look at in the pot. But, what I love is that what you see and what you get when they are blended together, is even more beautiful. These eye shadows can be used wet or dry for different finishes, and using wet will make their wear last longer.

The Mineralize Skin Finishes offered in this collection are very unique. They are two toned and can give you three different colored finishes. With the outer ring being one color and the inner circle being a blend of colors, you can use them stand alone or blended. They are smooth and slightly shimmery, so be careful.
(Semi Precious Rose Quartz Mineralized Skin Finish - taken with flash)
(Golden Gaze Eye Shadow and Pressed Amber Blush - taken with flash)

(Rose Quartz MSF - outer, inner, blended; Golden Gaze Eye Shadow; Pressed Amber Blush)
After carefully reviewing everything offered, I settled on purchasing one lipstick, one MSF, one blush and one eye shadow. I may go back and purchase one of the cremesheen glasses, I tried Pure Magnificence and I loved it! The only thing that kept me from purchasing on the spot was that it was barely noticeable and I have several lip glasses like that. But, let me tell you what changed my mind… it lasted a long time and it is not sticky, so light weight! I am not sure if I will go back for that same one, or for Looks Like Sin, which is the second darkest of the collection.

The products I chose were One of a Kind lipstick, Semi Precious Rose Quartz MSF, Pressed Amber blush and Golden Gaze eye shadow. And I picked up another lipstick with my Back to MAC, I chose Politely Pink with a Lustre finish.
(Golden Gaze Eye Shadow, Pressed Amber Blush, Semi Precious Rose Quartz Mineralize Skin Finish)

(Left - Politely Pink; Right - One of a Kind)
I am looking forward to using all the products I purchased, especially the blush and eye shadow.

XO Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment